Happy new year, lovely lovely followers!!
First, I thought you may wish to see some of my New Years Eve. We had a house part at my best friend’s apartment. Lots of silly photos, my favourite thing ever.
As I look back at the highs and lows of 2014, and reflect on last years resolutions (failed, failed, halfway there, ooh I managed that one, and failed!) it’s time to set them for 2015.
Really, I think that you should only change what you have always wanted to change, new year is just a good reason to list them. Here I go!
1) Get to a healthy weight. It’s about time I realise that it’s not about how I look (although that is a good benefit) it’s about having a healthy BMI, and being able to run for a bus without collapsing!
2) Get Inside Laura’s Head to 1000 followers. This will not be easy, but I see it as my first big blogging goal. I know I need to post often, and make sure my content is interesting and relevant to both my existing followers and my new ones. I hope that as the year goes on you agree that I am achieving this.
3) Learn how to take decent photographs. I really just want to be able to take nice photos for my blog, Instagram and for my own pleasure-I’m not expecting to be a pro.
4) Write, and then publish, a novel. Every year I start Nanowrimo and every year I get to 1000 or so words and then give up. Well, it’s a marathon not a sprint and I don’t need to complete this in a month. A year, however, is ample amount of time to do this. I can self publish on kindle, which is exciting.
5) Write in my 5 year diary every single day. I have space for about four lines so this should not be a chore and once I get into a routine of doing it I should be fine.
6) Only wear clothes I like wearing, feel comfortable in and look good in. Dress for me, not for others. This will be a work in progress. I need to throw out items that don’t flatter me, and replace old staples that are looking worn. This won’t happen overnight either but by next New Year’s Eve I want to love everything in my wardrobe!
7) Only go out looking out together. Do my hair, put some makeup on, wear a scarf or a necklace. Chose a bag and shoes that look good with what I’m wearing. If I look good I feel good and I need to remember this.
8) Moisturise daily. Both face and body.
9) Remember that plucked eyebrows and painted nails make you look put together and sorted even if you feel anything but.
What are your resolutions?