2018. A shiny new year, 365 days to fill with the people, places and activities you want to. There’s something pretty special about this year starting on a Monday, too. I’ve got some very big plans for this year, and I’m going to make it a good one. As always, it’s nice to bring you guys along for the ride, I value your support and so I’m sharing my hopes and dreams for the year ahead with you all. I hope you’ll be as excited as I am for the future.
Inside Laura’s Head
This blog has really grown, in terms of paid and collaborative work, throughout 2017. In 2018 I want to be doing more food reviews, more travel related collaborations, and some fashion posts too. I’m also planning to grow, writing wise, and write for other websites. Watch this space.
There’s also the usual, number related, goals for this blog. I’m aiming for 7,000 on twitter-which is doable, I think, but will be hard. 3,000 on Instagram which feels like it will never happen but if I work hard you never know, and 1,500 on Facebook. I also want to be at 2,000 pageviews a month by the end of the year and I’ll really be working on my promotion to make this happen.
Laura Haley Photography
I’ve only really been shooting people since July, and I’ve grown so much. In 2018 I want to grow my technical skills, and I’m planning some different courses to learn the theory behind the practical stuff I’m already developing. I’ll be doing more model calls to add different things to my portfolio, and I’m hoping to work with lots more bloggers to do shoots for them, too.
Laura Haley Social
2018 will be the year I properly do something with this. I’ve got my website, which I’m still working on, ready to launch by the end of January if not sooner. I have some new clients, a few for simple tweet scheduling and one exciting new one for her social overall-and I can’t wait to get stuck in. I really want to pick up three or four more long term clients, and then I’ll be making a decent income from this business as well as building my portfolio nicely. Wish me luck!
I want to cross off a good few countries for my 40 before 40. The aim is to do Germany, Poland, Portugal and Denmark-ideally I’ll also do my big trip to China, South Korea and Japan as well. And of course there’ll be more UK travel, naturally.
This year will be the year I buy a house. Ideally I’ll be looking for somewhere by April and have bought a house by July, so I have it fully done up and ready to move into by the winter. You can expect plenty of content relating to buying and decorating a house from me as it happens, I am SO excited for this.
2018 will be the year I get to my goal weight. I’m kick starting the weight loss with two things in January-I’m having a month of no crisps, chocolate or sweets, and I’m also doing Party Hard, Train Harder with Teenage Cancer Trust-so I need to walk ten thousand steps a day. We’ve currently got my Uncle’s gorgeous Cockapoo Bobbie, and so he’s helping me get started with my walking, and then I will plan proper exercise into my life for the rest of 2018 too.
So, all that said-I’ve also made some actual resolutions. 10 of them, to be precise.
- Lose weight. 7lbs a month in January, February and March, and then 4lbs a month thereafter. This will be kick-started by my 10,000 steps a day in January and my cutting out crisps, sweets, chocolate and puddings for the month too.
- Read a book a week (52 books in 2018) I will keep a list of these, in a page linked to on my sidebar, just to hold myself accountable. I LOVE reading, but I don’t make the time to do it. This is me making the time.
- Use up the surplus products I own. I have far too many toiletries and so I want them gone. My aim is to finish one product a week, overall, so use at least 52 in the year. I’ll keep a list of these too.
- Drink 2 litres of water EVERY DAY. I know how much healthier I feel when I do this.
- Get two early (10pm or sooner) nights sleep per week.
- Be brave and go for pale pink hair, even if I don’t keep it (I must keep it for at least two weeks to see how I really feel about it) I’m thinking the summer will be when I do this.
- Carry on loving my photography, and developing my skills in both shooting and editing. Included in this is find, and do, an online course for photography. Keep notes from this course to refer back to.
- Switch to decaff tea, and always carry some with me.
- Eat my 5 a day, at least 5 days every week, without fail.
- Add as many countries as possible (at least three) to my 40 before 40, and hit 12 (cities) in 12 (months).
What are your plans for 2018, a shiny new year?