A brand new year is always so full of hope and optimism, and most years I make a long list of resolutions only to break the majority of them mid January. Take 2018 as an example, I thought before I go into 2019’s plans I’ll recap how I did with last years.
- Lose weight. 7lbs a month in January, February and March, and then 4lbs a month thereafter. This will be kick-started by my 10,000 steps a day in January and my cutting out crisps, sweets, chocolate and puddings for the month too. I lost one stone when I aimed to lose five-better than nothing
- Read a book a week (52 books in 2018) I will keep a list of these, in a page linked to on my sidebar, just to hold myself accountable. I LOVE reading, but I don’t make the time to do it. This is me making the time. I did read more, but not 52 books. I also didn’t keep track, at all.
- Use up the surplus products I own. I have far too many toiletries and so I want them gone. My aim is to finish one product a week, overall, so use at least 52 in the year. I’ll keep a list of these too. Again no lists, but I have used a lot of the surplus products and I’m still working my way through these.
- Drink 2 litres of water EVERY DAY. I know how much healthier I feel when I do this. This didn’t happen often
- Get two early (10pm or sooner) nights sleep per week. This also didn’t happen often
- Be brave and go for pale pink hair, even if I don’t keep it (I must keep it for at least two weeks to see how I really feel about it) I’m thinking the summer will be when I do this. I went pink and loved it. I then missed my grey and went back. Then I decided I liked pink more, so I’m ending 2018 pink. YAY ME
- Carry on loving my photography, and developing my skills in both shooting and editing. Included in this is find, and do, an online course for photography. Keep notes from this course to refer back to. I shot two weddings this year, so that’s a huge development. I didn’t do nearly as much professional development as I planned, though.
- Switch to decaff tea, and always carry some with me. I’m still on the caffeine. Oops.
- Eat my 5 a day, at least 5 days every week, without fail. I’d say I manage this, one average, once a fortnight. BAD LAURA
- Add as many countries as possible (at least three) to my 40 before 40, and hit 12 (cities) in 12 (months). I added two countries, and I’m not sure I did hit my 12 in 12 either. Better than nothing, still.
For 2019, I’m going to cut down the list and also merge some of these, so:
Health: Lose 1 stone by mid February, 2 by June. I’ll use the drinking more water and eating more fruit and veg to help this, not as a seperate resolution, and getting more sleep should also help me to stop the tired snacking I do. Decaff tea will also help my sleeping issues as will creating a nice, calm room, which will happen when I buy my house.
Finances: Buy a house, save up for my car insurance, road tax, service and MOT through the year, and fund the travel I want to take. Earn enough from the blog and photography to cover the associated expenses and then the majority of my travel, and save at least £300 per month before I buy my house.
Travel: Do everything I have planned (post to follow in the next few days) and keep a record in my travel journal. Download books to the Kindle app on my phone so I can read a lot more than I usually would on trips, without carrying the weight of extra books.
Looks: Keep my nails Shellac’d and my brows shaped as I feel much better with both. Find a pink I like a bit more and keep the colour maintained. As I lose weight, make sure I love everything in my wardrobe, and do more fashion posts both on the blog and on Instagram.
What are your 2019 resolutions?